I TIGged today! (OT for s.e.d, but you guys know I'm an idiot)

...or APL pi.

Reply to
krw

With a bit of encouragement from developers. The big money in development is to buy cheap land that is somehow encumbered, make those encumbrances disappear with a magic wave of the hand and get some suckers to pay good money for it.

In my neighborhood, we have a 'lake' (Lake Tapps) which is (was) the holding pond for a hydroelectric plant. The power company diverted part of a river's flow to fill it so they could drain it through the generators. In come the developers, who bought all the 'waterfront' property. In every deed, there's a clear description of the 'lake' as a reservoir which can be drained at the utilities' convenience. But the realtor showed all the property in the spring, when the lake was full. Come the end of summer and everyone's waterfront turns into mud and stumps and the rich folks scream.

They got the power company to quit draining the lake, which made the power plant useless. So they walked away from it. And they walked away from the diversion dam that kept the lake full. It cost them several million a year to maintain and operate the dam. But why bother? So now the residents are screaming about a potential expense they'll have to incur to keep their lake full. Can't have that. So they went to our water district and got them to take over operations (and expenses). The water district (a political entity) agreed. But here's the catch: They can't actually take water out of the lake, because they'd be doing just what the power company was doing. So part of our water bills goes towards maintaining a private recreational lake. Thanks to a bunch of con artist developers.

The only difference in the game of love over the last few thousand years
is that they've changed trumps from clubs to diamonds.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

[snip]

al-Gebra. Isn't that some sort of terrorist group with weapons of math instruction?

~{po ~poz~ppo\anks for hanging up the phone, dear.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Well, they've certainly terrorized some high school math students! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I initially read that "Maybe he'll let you rub his penis someday"

Reply to
Jeff Johnson

Perhaps that will come in time too.

Reply to
Buddy Beavers

I thought that was al-Gore ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I can see November from my house :-)

ay to

So, if a chicken and a half lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many eggs do 6 chickens lay in 6 days?

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Well, lessee; if a chicken and a half lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, that means that one chicken lays one egg in a day and a half.

A day and a half times four is six days, right?

So, four per chicken, or 24.

Am I even close?

As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives...

If seven maids with seven mops...

If Bill can mow the lawn in 4 hours and Tom can mow it in 3 hrs, how long will it take if they work together?

Is there a singular of "feces?"

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

the

I am not going to say that the well politically connected developers are blameless. Just the same, i blame the politically connected idiots that insisted on "their" artificial lake staying full and the politicians that pander to them far more.

Reply to
josephkk

day to

kind

you

calls out

Where rho rho rho "your boat" =3D 1

Reply to
josephkk

Yes, 6 chickens, 24 eggs. I heard that in 9th grade algebra.

Do you remember the one about the homeless guy (hobo) rolling his own cigarettes? If a homeless guy can make one cigarette from 5 butts, how many cigarettes can he make from 25 butts?

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

There is a frog in a well that's 100' deep. Every time he jumps he jumps up 3 feet and slides back down two. How many times does he have to jump to get out of the well.

Reply to
krw

I remember having heard it; if he's got 25 butts, he can make 5 recycled cigarettes, but then when he smokes them, he has 5 more (twice-smoked) butts, so can make another, so he gets 6, and has a butt left over. :-)

BTW, I googled, "Is there a singular of 'feces'?" today, and no! There isn't! Wiki sez: "There is no singular form in the English language, making it a plurale tantum."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

This is another one of those trick Qs - it's like, two less than you expect, because on the 31st jump or so, he gets to the rim. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, the 98th. Just because you can see the hidden answer doesn't mean you can divide. ;-)

Reply to
krw