I hope this is a heartening economic sign...

CirCad.

End of 2009.

It's not an Ubuntu problem, it's a gEDA problem. One of the more friendly gurus hinted that fixing this issue would not be trivial. It is in general a pretty good software but IMHO not ready to be used in large and hardcore analog designs. You must be able to lock in multi-part device positions or in gEDA speak multi-slots. IOW the renumbering can rename U17A and U17B to U29A and U29B but not to U29A and U24B.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

:

ote:

OS CirCad.

le

though.

k of

uct,

I have played around with gEDA on SuSE. It seems to work ok but there are some user interface things I don't like about it. I use a DOS version of Orcad it works for me so I am not going to spend a huge amount of time learning gEDA.

Reply to
MooseFET