Hypothesis: Microwave damages computer equipment via power fluctuations.

This idiot doesn't think that the power surges from the microwave turning on damaged his PC, he thinks that microwave energy damaged his PC. You see, he is a bit loopy.

No, a UPS is NOT what this dope needs.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

No shit. It then became a retarded prod made by dopes that want to call other a troll, but think that their little prods are so intelligently constructed that they somehow escape the defining element of being a troll. They do not.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

That's what the "defeat the interlock" bit was about.

And yes, if the interlock was defeated, and you put your head in there and was able to power up the beam emitter, you *would* do damage to your tissues/cells. The very nature of the operation of the device defines the cause and effect, not the IEC. If the Wattage is sufficient to cook with, it will also cook your flesh if you stick it in there.

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

Probably? You're a 'maroon' for thinking it could be anything other.

Still, those that use it are NOT intelligent. Thay are usually some dope that thinks they are witty beyond all others and usually have a select few that they do the nudge nudge thing with to make them feel more important to themselves. A typical "legend in one's own mind" thing.

Reply to
Mycelium

It is known about world wide. It is abused predominantly, if not exclusively, in China.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

On 6/28/2009 11:04 AM Archimedes' Lever while holding "Agent 99", exclaimed:

In my understanding, a UPS levels power fluctuations as well as providing usually 30 min of power in the event of a power failure. That is why I mentioned it, it speaks to the OP subject line. The only way microwave energy would damage a PC is to remove all the safeties, and put the microwave gun in close proximity of the CPU. The resultant molecule excitement of the CPU might raise the temperature beyond the capacity of the heat sink and fan, thereby frying the CPU and possibly the motherboard. Uh, wasn't this on Mythbusters? If not it sounds like something they'd try.

--
________
 To  email me, Edit "blog" from my email address.

It was a joke, dude. You have to know the history of the OP.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Hmm sounds interesting !

What will/can happen if a microprocessor is placed inside a microwave ?!?

With all these little near-atomic corridors on the chip I wouldn't be surprised if something weird or spectacular happens ?! ;)

Hmm these folks tried it on a older pentium processor:

It catches flames and little flashes/explosions..

I was kinda hoping to see plasma rays... like a plasma lamp... like ghostbuster rays ! ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

And who would know more about the genesis of the term "maroon" than you - the primary Usenet f****it! You are so over!