Humming led light with dimmer

In my small sample of experience with chandeliers they only look good with incadescents. Yours might like LED, but do check.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

For this chandelier, the light source is at the bottom and reflects off the elements. So, this looks OK with LEDs. There are still surrounding incandescent lights to augment it. We will have another dimmer to adjust them as well.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

It's really not. We have nine LED can lights and three pendants in the kitchen (on two dimmers).

I don't understand the second sentence.

Reply to
krw

Ceiling fans, too.

Reply to
krw

** No it isn't.

Now maybe if you're talking about a BIG parking lot or something...

** Never dimmed.

Go away.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The chandelier has LED and incandescent versions. For the next project, we will just order the incandescent version and put in LED bulbs if possible. If not, just leave it with incandescent bulbs.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Gotcha. If it's the same chandelier, you could replace the existing LEDs with dimmable ones. It might be easier to find a dimmer that'll work with the existing fixture, though.

Reply to
krw

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

The LEDs (at bottom of fixture) are dimmable, but the controller (at top of fixture) is humming. With this LED version, we can't just replace the LED alone.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee