how to test a Tektronix 1103

An eBay seller provides a scope photo showing his successful test of a Tektronix 1103 he's selling.

Winfield Hill

Winfield Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

that looks like one of the fixtures TEK sales engineers used to be given for demos,not a catalog item. They had some neat demo circuits for scopes.Stuff that generated "runt" pulses,very low duty cycle pulses,"glitches".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

innews: snipped-for-privacy@x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Perhaps, but was it used to connect two inputs together?

Reply to
Winfield

Le Sat, 25 Aug 2007 07:26:48 -0700, Winfield a écrit:

I have such a gadget. It just takes it's power from the Tekpropbe interface and the small box has a CMOS oscillator with some 'edge enhancement features' to demonstrate some of their scopes' advanced trigger functions.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Winfield wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

those are not just "inputs",they also OUTput power to what's connected to the 1103,that have the extra contacts built into their "BNC". This system does not require the extra probe power cable and LEMO connectors as the old 7000 series had.

the fixture uses the 1103 DC power to generate a signal for the 2465. (which does not have probe power capability)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

innews: snipped-for-privacy@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

But just verifying the presence of probe-power doesn't test the circuitry of the 1103's four input controls.

Reply to
Winfield Hill

innews: snipped-for-privacy@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

Sometimes they took empty FET probe pods from stock and built generators and stuff into it which in turn inject the desired wave form into a scope inputs. Just like us guys occacionally take a ballpoint pen, scrap its guts out and put an "RF noise maker" into it. You'd be surprised, today's college kids sit there with their mouths wide open when I am using something as simple as a pocket size signal injector and find out within a few seconds which one of their amp stages ain't working. "What on earth is that thing?" Ok, on that one I cheated, bought it for around $5 from a hobby electronics place in the 70's. The days when people still repaired their radios instead of throwing them away.

Of course, for field demo purposes I'd have used someting with an AA battery in there. Much easier to travel with. Well, maybe not nowadays with the new TSA rules.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to