How obtain a constant voltage drop?

No. All they have left is stupid looks. :(

If you don't believe me just ask them a simple question, like what resistor you need for a white LED to run on 120 VAC. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Sometimes they can be entertaining. It's been 41 years ago now, but I'll never forget the kid at Radio Shack who tried to tell me there was a different antenna required to receive color TV ;-) ...Jim Thompson

--
                  [On the Road, in New York]

(...)

He's really old now. He insists that HDTV needs a different antenna.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I had an idiot Lt. try to tell everyone at Ft. Greely that we would have to replace the transmitter tower, "Since everyone knows that you can't bolt a color antenna to a B&W tower." in '74.

Some very early V antennas like the double loop or the lazy X weren't very good for color TV, but that was because they were barely usable for B&W. Some early high gain single channel antennas weren't good for color, but they were rarely sold for home use. A few of the double loops were still in use in the mid '60s, but they were replaced by log periodic by the early '70s. It didn't take much of the color popping in and out as the wind moved one of the loops for them to spend the money.

Michael A. Terrell

This kid was peddling anodized versus non-anodized as the answer to better color. In AZ you could run a hand-warmer off of the signal ;-) ...Jim Thompson

--
                  [On the Road, in New York]

different

I bet the anodizing was their usual uneven gold crap. The engineer at an aluminum extruding plant told me it was the cheapest way to color the oxide layer on aluminum, and one of the worst.

Michael A. Terrell

different

Yep, exactly. ...Jim Thompson

--
                  [On the Road, in New York]

drop'

devices

wasted.

Making it a GOOD charger is exactly what is required. Given the zero information on the design/algorithm/method used by the charger and zero information on the battery technologies, any suggestions are mere speculation. The suggested method is likely, maybe, to have many or few problems. It's likely that there's a much better fix. It's likely that the fixed drop is fraught with issues. We just can't tell from the info (not) given.

He wouldn't have asked if he knew the answer. The question relevant to him is, can YOU re-engineer it.

Reply to
mike