How much/what electrical danger performing on a covered stage during rain?

Open heart surgery, defibrillator paddles are 2" in diameter and operate at 2mA.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

yep, couldn't even find a spec for them, not even an IP number for splash resistance, and a brief look at their brochure, well, even Eeyore could pull that apart.

And no obvious mention of certification, from anything US or EU based

They seem like piles of junk. I couldn't even find a frequency reponse, for the audio side, let alone the RF side

Get a job at a bank.....or as a scientologist, they both need criminals

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

** Try reading the whole story.

MK state clearly that ONLY the 30mA models are capable of giving good shock protection.

The 100 mA models are ONLY intended where a 30 mA one cannot be used - presumably because inherent circuit leakage to ground equals or exceeds

30mA.

MK also state the a 300mA model is PURELY intended for equipment and fire protection.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

From the point of view of UK wiring regs, RCDs used for protection against electrocution must be rated at no more than 30mA (and this is similar in many other countries wiring codes too). RCDs for protection against high earth fault loop impedance and not electrocution should be rated at least 100mA. 300mA and 500mA are common values too.

10mA RCDs as mentioned above are available but are rare. They are used for protection against electrocution in restrictive conductive locations (where someone may not be able to remove themselves from contact with faulty live part due to working in a location which restricts movement, such as maintenance work inside a pipeline). 10mA RCDs are also suitable for single appliances, but generally not suitable for circuits feeding many appliances, particularly Class I IT equipment.
--
Andrew Gabriel
Andrew Gabriel

"Andrew Gabriel"

** Care to explain you pompous jargon ?

The mysterious phrase " high earth fault loop impedance " don't mean jack shit to anyone.

The use of plain language is always preferred when addressing an audience.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

So you use a battery in the mike->fiber converter on the performer's belt or hide it in the middle of his back al-la GWB.

On stand-mounted mikes, ditto.

The military makes fiber that's allegely sturdy enough to survive being driven over by a tank, so the average rock group should have to work hard to do it in...

& no one will talk to a host that\'s close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX
Unless the host (that isn\'t close).........................pob 1433
David Lesher

Only the retarded would call some one a retard I take it english is not your native language.

Reply to
<tbmoas58

God, I hate doing that. That now becomes the number one major failure source, the same way it is with wireless packs. And now you have to replace all the batteries before every performance, just in case. Just like wireless packs.

Yes, the military tactical fibre is very commonly used in this application, although most folks today are using the lower cost broadcast connectors instead of the military T-FOCA ones. The military connectors are several hundred bucks a pop which can often exceed the cost of the cable.... some friends at Univision recently spent $30K for only half a mile of tactical cable and Neutrik broadcast connectors (including the cost of the sling to carry the reels on your back). That's a whole lot more than 16-channel Canare snake cable, but probably less than video triax bundles. And it's a lot lighter to carry around.

--scott

--
"C\'est un Nagra.  C\'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Reply to

True... but look at the good side; you never run out of tested batteries for your smoke detectors & garage door openers.

If it's Elvis impersonators or similar; you could use a wobble generator like those magnet+coil flashlights you shake to power up. I've also heard of a larger version on railroad cars...

A FOAF founded a company that makes fiber converter systems for remote broadcast cameras. Initially they were a hit for golf tournament coverage. It used to be the network had to dispatch multiple semi-trailers with honking big reels storing the miles of $$$$ copper. Now, one small diameter fiber does the job. His market has now spread far beyond golf, I suspect.

& no one will talk to a host that\'s close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX
Unless the host (that isn\'t close).........................pob 1433
David Lesher

No, his native language is 'Morphing Troll'.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It depends what it's covered with. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

He is such an easy target, isn't he? every time I see his name here, I think of his pet cat, poor cat

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Err that is plain language, the its the minimum impedance a fault to ground can flow through. Jack Shit will almost certainly have to high a resistance to comply with code.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

This happened right after he walked in the door:

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Duncan Wood" Phil Allison "Andrew Gabriel"

** It is plan bollocks.

** Worse gobbledegook than the original verbal diarrhoea.
** Is about all you know.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

an

It's the impedance of the entire circuit if you short the phase cable to= =

ground, including the LV transformer & feed cable. So divide your phase = =

voltage by the earth fault impedance & you get the maximum current that = =

can flow. If that's still gobbldegook then you need some basic knowledge= =

about electricity to play. Or use google.

view

Reply to
Duncan Wood

If the local organisers supply your power in IMO it's essential to check it out yourself first, carry your own earth leakage trip but preferably run on your own mains cable. I now carry a small plug in tester that checks correct connection & measures earth loop impedance. Several years ago at a ten piece gig in Tain Scotland on a truck bed with canvas shelter, the mains supply provided had the live and ground transposed! I traced the cable back originated from a three phase board in an open tent with the cabinet doors fully open, that tent was open to the public children could have wandered in ! After ranting to the organiser and sorting it all out we found out half way through the gig that the canvas cover leaked like a sieve.. There was a good sized audience mostly with umbrellas, so we kept the show going after covering up the gear. Now I always run my own cable out and use own earth leakage trip and run the tester first. We have had requests to return for repeat gigs at that location - we've refused, never again.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Gilmour

"Duncan Wood = FUCKING IMBECILE "

** HUH ????????????????

WHAT FUCKING CIRCUIT ??????????????????

Go GET TOTALLY FUCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you

TROLLING PILE of HUMAN EXCREMENT

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I had a problem at a school. A dead circuit: One end of the conduit had white, black and green wire. The other end was red and blue. Someone had moved and outlet, years ago. They had spliced the wire in the conduit by extending the black wire with red, then tied the white and green together with the blue. No wire nuts or split bolts, just two very loose twists and cheap plastic tape that finally burnt open. After some checking, and old janitor told me that a former teacher had moved it, rather than waiting for the school board to send their electricians.

then there was the time I had a run in with a volunteer fire department. I told them their wiring was substandard. I hit the breaker box with my fist, and sparks flew out of it. I told them that if they didn't have everything repaired within 30 days, I was calling the state to have their certification revoked, and the county to condemn their building. It was bad enough that they were using the building, but they also let a Boy Scout, and a Cub Scout troop use the building, as well.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida