colorful datasheet

And I like the Rarely Asked Questions.

We had some ADI people in yesterday. They are going back to trying to appeal to smaller and mid-sized companies, and backing off volume stuff like cell phones, where the buyers pound them to death on price.

They promised to come back with a guru or two and buy us some pitchers at Zeitgeist.

John

Ah, they may have realized something:

Quote "... a converter data sheet may recommend that AGND and DGND are connected to system analog and digital grounds respectively. When a data sheet tells you to do this it is incorrect, and you should ignore it." Hey, they are eroding my market!

Or maybe not. Quote: "Furthermore, it is rarely advisable to locate the star point of the system analog ground and the system digital ground at a data converter" Quite confusing. So my business is safe. Whew!

The $12 pitcher of Russian River IPA? I wish we had a place like that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yikes, the truth at last!

What's a star point? A Hollywood coffee bar? Something from an old sci-fi movie?

Next, try to imagine a biker bar that has Chimay on tap.

I like biker bars and golf resorts; both tend to have nice people and good food.

John

A reference point somewhere near the big dipper. At least that's usually the RF behavior when I get there for the first visit.

Same here, except that they are usually very loud when a rock band plays. My favorite are soloons though, like in them good old days. Of course, during an EMC session near Mariposa a saloon fight broke out in one of them. You could see the shock in the faces of Yosemite tourists, they thought this only happens in movies. They all skadaddled out of there in a hurry.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Fight started because someone was knocking tubes in favor of BJTs?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Cambridge Instruments got a visit from Barry Gilbert back in the late

1980's - presumably as part of a similar push. I don't think that the people who set up the visits were too careful about matching the firm to the visitor.

Barry Gilbert wanted to talk about his rf integrated circuits, and electron microscopes don't use much in the way of rf. I was fooling around with some half nanosecond wide pulses for stroboscopic electron microscopy at the time, but that was more broad-band than rf.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Damnit, i could imagine it. But it ain't the biker bar of old. Aging out of 20-yo rebellion into 60-yo respectability works crazy things.

Reply to
JosephKK