How do these smart phones change screen position

Your header shows that you're now running: X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186 which should be able to pickup the URL's between the brackets. I can't imagine that Wine is causing any problems. I'll try it after I restore my Ubuntu 10.04LTS laptop from backups. (Don't ask, I goofed).

Firefox 3.6 is seriously neanderthal. The current Firefox release is

18.x. Methinks an update might be a good idea. Also, there's no need to run the Windoze version of Firefox under Wine since there are native Linux versions available, unless you need Flash or some other Windoze exclusive plug-in.

I don't like to use tinyURL unless the original URL is absurdly long, such as a Google maps or Google Earth URL. There's too big a chance that the target for a shortened URL is a hijacked web site full of evilware.

I don't see why a YouTube link would be any different from any other link, unless the URL has Unix specific special symbols in it, such as the "|" symbol, which might break passing data between programs in a pipe if the shell got in between and tried to interpret it. What part of the YouTube URL did it fail to pass?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I agree. Its a MEMS accelerometer.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Every time Windows crashes, a devil gets his horns.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Like it says on the label Wine is not Emulation. it's not a virtual machine, there is no extra barrier between apps running in wine and the host system.

There is something you can do to allow wine apps to open links in a native browser.

there is nothing special about pointy brackets. they don't do anything.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

It depends on teh software, and whether it uses text or HTML modes. Even if it makes no difference for you, it does for a lot of people.

Identical URLs without & with, posted in text mode:

Michael A. Terrell

the only difference I see is that The second line is two characters longer

there is nothing special about pointy brackets. they don't do anything.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Jason, Depends on the reader. Try some link that has parentheses in it (not converted to %28 and %29) with and without the . ...Jim Thompson

I don't want to get into this, I know what the equipment has in it and what it's used for. The items do exactly what I stated in the equipment I have.

As for the consumer product using acc chips, most likely, and it could explain why many of them work like crap.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

the standards that say '(' and ')' are reserved if it has a '(' in it it's not a URL.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

"Standards" are for committees >:-}

I'm just saying that it works. ...Jim Thompson

From a buddy at THE MAJOR developer of cell phone screen drivers...

"As far as I know its all accelerometer based, even low end phones have them these days." ...Jim Thompson

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Jasen Betts wrote in news:kdvl21$dvl$ snipped-for-privacy@gonzo.reversiblemaps.ath.cx:

I am still using ff3.6.10, and have no problem with links whatsoever. Neither for youtube links. All work just like they should. You must have had some strange malware attached........

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Joerg helped him set up his system >:-} ...Jim Thompson

and

and

fiddly

That copy of Firefox running it that version of wine cannot digest YouTube. It seems to be a flash related thing, and updates don't seem to help. It is kind of a fluke configuration problem.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Joerg bought his computers from Lucas, but he was too cheap to spring for the required oil drip pans. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good one.

?-))