HOW CAN I...?

hi. how can i drive a DC motor with L298? Who can tell me what is PWM & HOW can i use it to drive a DC motor in a ATMEGA32?

Reply to
FIXXXER

I suggest attaching a sprocket to the DC motor, and turning it using the L298 as a pawl.

PWM is "Pulse width modulation". You can use it by turning the DC motor using the ATMEGA32 in the above matter, but using longer or shorter strokes depending on how fast you want it to go.

Alternatively, you could read your textbook or show up to the lectures.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

wats a sprckt & wats a pawl

john

Sno-o-o-o-o-ort ;-)

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state

Alimentry mechanics, like why you can't eat spaghetti with chopsticks, (easily)

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

PWM is a method used to control the speed of the DC motor by turning the power to it on and off very quickly. The Atmega32 will do this for you once you program it. The L298 sits between the Atmega and the motor since the Atmega is not capable of supplying enough power to drive the motor directly. Look up the data sheets on the Atmega32 and read the PWM section.

shortT

Reply to
shortT

appalling

I like RATCHET more than I likes SPROCKET!!

-- paul

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

You NEVER met Paul Sprocket? He is rather jumpy some days, and goes in fits and starts other days...

Reply to
Robert Baer

...also try jello...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Sure you can if you freeze the jello, with the chopsticks stuck in it.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

PERFECT. thank u shortT

Reply to
FIXXXER

I guess you haven't seen many Asians eat noodles with chopsticks.

Reply to
JosephKK

I met two of his cousins, they was on a chain gang.

Reply to
JosephKK