How are transistors designed

Nice, thank you

On a side note, the other day I heard a podcast with Chuck Peddle, commonly regarded as the farther of the computers

Very interesting talk

Other important persons are also on record here:

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Ha! I used the 6502 early in my business. Very easy to program.

Brings back fond memories. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

  • The first one appears to be a FET; look at the drawings and description in the second one; clearly junction EBC. The third patent expands on the technology.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Nonsense. There are no PN junctions there--it's all metal/semiconductor/metal.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

  • You don't need to do diffusion to have inherent doping. Ever heard of Ovshinsky? He opened the scientific field of amorphous and disordered materials.
Reply to
Robert Baer

The ovonics guy? A genius at self-promotion, for sure. Technically, not so much.

(Also completely unrelated to the Lilienfeld discussion.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

No I am not touchy at all. The semiconductor device group at UT-Austin ECE department was pretty big(26 profs) but al they did was process engineering. But at the process engineering stage, the device has already been designed,

Reply to
amal banerjee

amal banerjee wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

It was a joke. "Probing chip dies"... "touchy". You don't get it?

OK. Grow some highly organized precisely placed sand!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You might get some mileage out of _Bipolar Semiconductor Devices_ by Roulston. (You need to ask an electronics guru to be certain.) Roulston wrote some semiconductor simulation software [1], which may prove helpful to your quest.

Note.

[1]

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;