How about it? Experiments of the third kind , take 999999.

vb=C2=ADy5j

go=C2=ADCCg

WC=C2=ADj4g

t.net ---

Google claims to be getting rid of the 'old' google groups for something new. Maybe this is the result?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

connection refused.

net 127/8 is even faster than net 10/8

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

On a sunny day (5 Apr 2012 22:38:45 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

Sorry, what is that supposed to mean? No net is even faster, Vodafone data centre in Rotterdam Netherlands burned down yesterday,, they stil managed to send me an email that I should not use Internet if I could help it. :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

loopback is a class A netowrk, you can put all your reject sites into there somewhere and not need to wait for the ARP requests on the LAN to time out.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

On a sunny day (6 Apr 2012 12:10:01 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

out.

OK, now I see, yes ARP takes some time too. Had to write that ARP code for my PIC UDP stack in asm... I have modified /etc/hosts :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

One side-effect happend, now I see my own web server error messages saying the page does not exist in the advertising space of other sites :-) So I have changed /etc/host back to 10.0.0.190 an IP that does not exist. If I ping 127.X.X.X then I always get local host and my own server.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje