Ho to control a regulator with a ramp generator?

I need to automatically control a regulator using a voltage ramp generator, and am not finding much in the way of help doing google searches, etc.

The ramp generator is easy... controlling the regulator has me stumped...

Thanx for any help...

Les

Reply to
Les

Quoting the robot Johnny-5 in the movie "Short Circuit", "Need More Input!!!"

What kind of regulator are you trying to control? What does the ramp look like? What does the ramp generator look like? What effect are you trying to achieve from this arrangement?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Some days you\'re the dog, some days the hydrant.
Reply to
DaveM

What kind of regulator are you trying to control? I need ~0 to 400v output What does the ramp look like? sawtooth What does the ramp generator look like? 74ls590 counter driving a dac. What effect are you trying to achieve from this arrangement? ramp a power supply output voltage.

Reply to
Les

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:58:43 -0500, DaveM wrote: ...

Well, he also said, "Nice software" when he should have said, "Nice firmware" or "Nice wetware".[1]

Cheers! Rich [1] whilst ogling Ally Sheedy in the bathtub.

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

I've seen some of those on high class ho's. But I don't know if you could pay any ho to control a regulator.

Maybe she will reg-you-later :)

Paul and Muttley

Paul E. Schoen

Use the DC output of the DAC as the reference. If it is 0-5 VDC, use a 400 to 5 divider on the power supply output. You may need to do some compensation in the feedback if the ramp rate is fast, and it may have problems if the power supply is a switching type or if there are large capacitors.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen