History of bulk electronic components suppliers

Except the 'pattern' is ridiculously simplistic - like the so called red state / blue state maps.

I note one that showed that all hurricanes only hit red state counties.

--
.
.

Libertarians seem to have the core political belief "I want to be left alone." That's not as agressive as a classic angry liberal, but it's not real supportive, either.

John

You've only quoted half of it. I want to be left alone _BY GOVERNMENT_, not by my friends/family/etc.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Yep. Who wants Ashcroft's cold damp nose up your ass?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Hurricanes are attracted by low pressure, and the red states suck.

John

Yep. The red states suck all the brains out of the blue states ;-)

...Jim Thompson

What would a bunch of know nothing yahoos need with brains?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Then what? Flush them down the toilet? You're certainly not using any of them. ;-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

What a snob.

John

See! Homer is too ignorant to understand what I said ;-)

...Jim Thompson

What do you expect from "Mister Can-A-Duh"?

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks, I'll give it a gander.

I gave blood a couple weeks ago. I was lucky they could squeeze me in--standing room only, so to speak.

Best, James

(Dang it, lost another one. Google Groups keeps losing my posts! Something about leaving a post composed on the screen too long (20-40 minutes?) before sending it. Google reports them as being successfully sent, but they go to the bit-bucket instead.)

Reply to
James Arthur

The largest group of Republicans are of course not rich. This infuriates Democratic politicians who don't understand why low-income people would elect to be either conservative or Republican, "against their own self-interest". A book was written on the subject, "What's Wrong With Kansas?" Most libs wind up concluding that the lower middle-class (their avowed constituancy!) are just stupid yokels who deserve being poor. What they miss is that anyone would ever be motivated by anything other than immediate greed; the very concept is incomprehensable to them.

Of course, in relative or even in absolute terms, conservatives and especially Christian conservatives are far more generous (of money, time, kindness, and blood) than liberals, and immensely more generous than secular liberals. This is good, since kids tend to follow their parents' beliefs here, and the conservatives are having a lot more babies.

Which is why, although I am not a believer, I have great respect for people who are.

How much do you donate to charity? Do you volunteer? Give blood?

How many kids do you have?

Oh, you never told us: how much do you weigh?

John

I just ran across some interesting stats for the cowardly Democrats...

So far the Iraq war has cost approximately 3200 American soldiers their lives.

In the same time period 5600 Arizonans died in traffic accidents.

...Jim Thompson

It is sort of heartless to say it, but 3200 isn't a lot of lives, and they signed up to be warriors anyhow. SH killed a couple of million, nearly a million in his attacks on Iran and Kuwait, the rest his own population. The UN corruption-for-oil program killed hundreds of thousands more.

This Dem/press "respect for soldiers lives" is crocodile tears; they don't even like soldiers.

And face it: armies need practice. That's one reason we have so many "allies" in Afghanistan and Iraq: they need to see how we operate, and they need combat time under their belts.

John

[snip]

Why don't we let them shoot Democrats for practice? And to double-up on the experience, ship 'em to Mexico first, then shoot 'em when they try to illegally cross the border ;-)

...Jim Thompson

If I were a Mexican, I'd want to be on this side of the border. Wouldn't you?

John

I suppose. But why bother with immigration/citizenship then? The Democrats would love it... me I'd flee to Oz ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It's the Repugnicrats who want the cheap labor for their businesses.

--
.
.

Absolutely spot-on.

The fact is that this is among the most successful military campaigns of all time in all terms except the PR, the perception.

And perception is vital. You cannot crush an enemy's spirit, you cannot deprive him of all hope, you cannot drive him to capitulation, resignation and surrender, while continually encouraging him with reports that you're weary, discontent, and inclined to withdraw.

_That_ is how you lose.

That was the harm of what John Kerry and Jane Fonda did in Vietnam. The North Vietnamese leaders have since revealed their strategy. They believed the war would be won "on the campuses of America." With words. And it was.

Thanks for helping, John and Jane.

Today, the problem is amplified; CNN and the internet conveys our words (Nancy Pelosi's?) to the enemy at the speed of light. And he rejoices.

James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur