High voltage switch using IGBTs

LOL , you know what I mean :D. He suppressed any oscillation surges, I don't know how, hence my experimentation. cheers David

Reply to
david00001

Tim, thanks for that, I'll try it. David

Reply to
david00001

Connect some twisted pair (rated for the voltage) across the HV resistor stack.

You might take TV 2nd anode wires (usually rated 40KV), tape two together to get some mutual capacitance, insulate the cut ends and connect the other ends across the resistors. Cut to length to adjust capacitance.

You might also do an air variable, if you don't mind an inch wide gap somewhere.

Tim

Tim Williams

best not to think about how you can have pulsed DC sans AC :)

Quick, someone exhume Monsieur Fourier, and slap him silly.

Reply to
Terry Given