Hey Jim Thompson did ya

Did you every complete a compander for your tv? Do you want to share? Mike

Reply to
amdx

From...

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 01:51:15 GMT, Paul G. wrote: [snip]

I bought that unit, found that it was poor for TV content, due to the "long" pauses that exist in ordinary dialog, in movies in particular.

However, when hooking up my Roku Soundbridge for Internet Radio, I found that it is fabulous for equalizing different streaming sites so that I'm not constantly on the volume control... probably because the sources are "radio" and probably already using companding at the source.

I have a mind that goes totally blank during commercials ;-) Years ago I used to get calls, "We're conducting a survey. Are you watching TV show...?" "Yes." "Can you tell us who is the sponsor?" "No." ;-)

====

So, No compander for the TV... yet... good commercial companders go for around $300. When I win the lottery I'll buy one ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Thanks, there are times when it would be nice to have one. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Fab! Your e-mail has JUST won the lottery! For details, just...

Reply to
Robert Baer