Help with Microsim Pspice

Hi,

I am currently learning the Microsim PSpice Evaluation version 8.In the transient analysis of circuits,I am unable to remove the initial conditions in the .tran statement.I get the same result in the probe analysis for the circuit even when the "UIC" or "SKIPBP" commands are not included in the .tran statement.I am not sure if I am missing some other fundamental part in the program which leads to this problem.I would be grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks, Anand

Reply to
anand

You don't provide enough information. Netlist at minimum... schematic (on ABSE) preferred.

...Jim Thompson

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.This is the program I picked up from a PSpice basics tutorial book.It is a basic RL circuit with a current pulse source.I have defined the initial conditions for the current in the inductor in both cases.In the first part of the program,I do not consider the initial conditions on the inductor and in the second part,I make use of the initial conditions on the inductor.The problem I have is the graph I plot using probe gives me the same result for both cases.The initial current in the inductor for both cases starts from

2.5,when in the first case,it should start from zero.

R-L circuit with pulse source and no IC Is 0 1 PWL 2,0 2.01,4 5,4 5.01,0 R10 1 0 5 R12 1 2 5 L20 2 0 20 IC=2.5 .tran 15 15 .probe .end R-L circuit with pulse source and IC Is 0 1 PWL 2,0 2.01,4 5,4 5.01,0 R10 1 0 5 R12 1 2 5 L20 2 0 20 IC=2.5 .tran 15 15 UIC .probe .end

I do not know if I have misunderstood the concept of the UIC command as the book does not explain the command or the program in detail.I even tried substituting the "SKIPBP" command instead of "UIC" and still got the same result.I would be grateful if you could help me out.

Thank you, Anand

Jim Thomps>

Reply to
anand

[snip]

L20 has an "IC", irrespective of your UIC command.

Also, lose the commas as delimiters, they can confuse some netlisters.

...Jim Thompson

Seems strange.... The implication is that UIC (Use Initial Conditions) should be substituted with IIC (Ignore Initial Conditions).....

DNA

Reply to
Genome

There IS some discrepancy in the notation...

IC conditions on components seem always to be used.

...Jim Thompson

Hi,

Thanks.I will remove the "IC" command for the first case.

Anand

Jim Thomps> >

Reply to
anand