help! what are the electrical characteristics of single crystal nickel based superalloys?

Simple question, but somehow the answer has eluded my searches.

The material is used in turbine blades. I've seen it also called CMSX-4

I just want to find out what the conductivity and permeability of the single crystal structure is.

And, then what the conductivity and the permeability of the material when recrystalization occurs.

Anybody have a table, or reference?

Reply to
Robert Macy

?fromPage=online&aid=238807

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Thank you for the exact URL. I think I found this on a google search, but t he Cambridge Press so obfuscates what is there was not certain it was what I wanted. Couldn't view anything other than the title, authors, NO abstract . just a sentence. But, wanting $45 for a copy was predominate! Yeah, I alw ays buy something before I know what it is.

Just need some numbers. Simple, I don't want a great long dissertation on h ow they used some electron microscope etc. just need a @#$%#@ table, like . gov and NIST publish all the time.

Reply to
Robert Macy

the Cambridge Press so obfuscates what is there was not certain it was wha t I wanted. Couldn't view anything other than the title, authors, NO abstra ct. just a sentence. But, wanting $45 for a copy was predominate! Yeah, I a lways buy something before I know what it is.

how they used some electron microscope etc. just need a @#$%#@ table, like .gov and NIST publish all the time.

Maybe email the material scientists are Georgia Tech with your question? Th ey are easy to find there.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

ut the Cambridge Press so obfuscates what is there was not certain it was w hat I wanted. Couldn't view anything other than the title, authors, NO abst ract. just a sentence. But, wanting $45 for a copy was predominate! Yeah, I always buy something before I know what it is.

on how they used some electron microscope etc. just need a @#$%#@ table, li ke .gov and NIST publish all the time.

They are easy to find there.

Authors is what I meant...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Is this about chrome-nickel superalloys? Those are suited for LARGE temperature swings, I'd imagine conductivity will be hard to model. Ferromagnetism isn't a problem, at least with most of the ones I've seen (Inconel and Hastelloy).

Reply to
whit3rd

Good suggestion. I tried that found Prof. Rosario Gerhardt's name, email right away, but Cui, didn't appear to be ientical Culmination, emailed a similar reuest to them.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Why? no relative permeability? well, stays at 1?

Reply to
Robert Macy

problem, at least

Yes, that was what I meant. Pure nickel IS ferromagnetic, but not the US nickel coin (Ni-Cu alloy) nor most of the superalloys (Inconel X-750 for instance, 70% Ni, 15-18% Cr).

Reply to
whit3rd

problem, at least

Thank you. Interesting how putting ferro into an alloy destroys the magnetic properties, eh?

Any idea how much the conductivity changes with Rx?

1%? 10%? none? Something HAS to change since the surface chemical properties change.
Reply to
Robert Macy