hefty amps-- DC 24-48V @ 1kA supply

Just a single unit, and temporary use at that..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Can you travel to it, rather than vice versa?

RL

Reply to
legg

Maybe. If it's on fairly dry open ground near an airstrip. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

If it's 'interesting', give the NRCC a buzz. They have links to various companies that regularly need/use high current sources and calibration.

They've also done their own research into Pb-free plating techniques and may have a lab currently equiped to do what you need.

You might also poll local businesses that own/use this equipment, for loan of capacity/production floor space/time.

RL

Reply to
legg

Only temporary, look at getting used 48V forklift batteries, rent a charger. You might be able to get some money back for the lead in the abused batteries when you are done.

Robert

Robert Adsett

Any source of telephone CO surplus in your area? High current 48 volt supplies were all over the place from CO upgrades.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

50kW supplies? Sure.
Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

In the telecom industry they call these "48V rectifiers". They come in models producing hundreds of amps, in hot-swap, n+1 redundant configurations. Many manufacturers, and I'm sure surplus units should be around.

================================

Greg Neff VP Engineering

*Microsym* Computers Inc. snipped-for-privacy@guesswhichwordgoeshere.com
Reply to
Greg Neff

There was at least that much available at the last telco surplus store I visited. Apparently you know nothing about large telephone exchanges, or that the supplies are designed to run in N+1 configuration for whatever amount of current you need. These were double width of telco racks, and eight feet tall. They had dozens of them, cheap.

--
Sig file?  I don\'t need no steenkin sig file!
Reply to

Here is some cable to match.

-- Boris

Reply to