LED

sove,

of

I thought you were looking for this:

Now you've got my curiosity up.

Reply to
krw

You wait. Some regulator somewhere will decide that appliances are much too dangerous if their power-on lights don't work, and will mandate circuitry (no doubt unreachable inside an IC) to detect a failed power LED which will prevent the appliance from operating. You'll have to build something that accurately emulates the voltage/current behaviour of the LED to put in its place.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

On a sunny day (Sat, 08 Oct 2011 23:11:46 +1100) it happened Sylvia Else wrote in :

When I was searching ebay for LCD displays, I found one that had specified a 'black backlight'. Maybe they have the right thing:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"amdx" schreef in bericht news:abff1$4e889483$18ec6dd7$ snipped-for-privacy@KNOLOGY.NET...

It's going worse, much worse :-( The days incandescents are banned if favor of CFLs. Tomorrow only LED lighting will be allowed. Even the sun would become illegal if only they knew how to turn it off :)

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

An unshielded, unregulated fusion reactor that emits 6.7 billion tons of effluent PER HOUR! Shut it down!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Sure, it's a Dark Emitting Axial Diode.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sat, 8 Oct 2011 14:51:25 +0200) it happened "petrus bitbyter" wrote in : It's going worse, much worse :-( The days incandescents are banned if favor

They do not need to turn it off, they will just tax the use of it :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

What really annoys me is microwave ovens that go

BBBBEEEPPPP BBBBEEEPPPP BBBBEEEPPPP BBBBEEEPPPP BBBBEEEPPPP

when the thing shuts off. I don't need an alarm to tell me when it shuts off; I can hear that already.

John

Good for you but some people are too busy to standing in front of it and staring at it while drooling and yelling, "Why can't they make faster Microwaves!!!" to hear the fan. They may be in another room, doing something else that needs imediate attention.

Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, boy, that would sure solve the "global warming" problem! By the way, they've been promising warming for over a decade now. What's gone wrong?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That's for people who stick their burrito in it and go back to the TV.

Just stand there, and when it's done, quickly hit "cancel."

Or, you could simply hack the beeper.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

TV? People still watch TV?

That doesn't work on mine. One of ours has an option to turn off the beeper. But every power glitch, it defaults to beeping again. And the menu sequence to turn it off again is horrible.

It's a Chinese plot to drive us crazy.

Yeah, I tend to do that.

John