GTO Thyristors

These devices seem to come in only PUK packages and very high current ratings. (10KA pulse) Are there any that are rated lower, say 3KA pulse. Like a big stud mounted SCR.

The pucks are expensive, and I don't need 10KA ratings.

These seem geared to power distribution and railway power. But not at lower powers.

Martin Riddle

On a sunny day (Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:22:50 -0500) it happened "Martin Riddle" wrote in :

Sure those exist, Sony used those in some old TV sets in switchmode teh power supply and H defelction, bad solder joint, BAM, when the drive signal interrupted when i twas on. I think the right thing to look for is : silicon controlled switch. And I would stay clear of them :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:22:50 -0500) it happened "Martin Riddle" wrote in :

Sure those exist, Sony used those in some old TV sets in switchmode teh power supply and H defelction, bad solder joint, BAM, when the drive signal interrupted when i twas on. I think the right thing to look for is : silicon controlled switch. And I would stay clear of them :-)

For example:

Jan Panteltje

Those SCS's were used in some '70s Sony Trinitrons. But they are not high enough current for me. Plus pricey too.

Martin Riddle

Search "4 layer device" - at least you'll get most of the background so you can make your own choices.

Reply to
ian field