Graphics card power usage anomaly

How can the R9 Nano use less electricity than the R9 280X when it's more powerful with more transistors but the same nm process?
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-r9-nano.c2735
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-r9-280x.c2398

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

Completely different architecture and the RAM is running at one third the
speed. Simples.

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

Surely the GPU uses way more than the RAM?

And since it's the same nm process, the individual transistors must use the same amount of power each.  And there are twice as many of them.

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

Blow it out your ass, pasty face!

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly
ore
the

m.

Wow!  I realize some here don't have much patience with people who think th
ey know things they don't, but that seems a bit over the top!

I agree that Commander Kinky seems to be a bit rude.  He asks a question an
d when someone replies he seems a bit less than appreciative.

But it's not like he insulted anyone or impugned their integrity.  What hap
pened to a response in kind?

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

I was not less than appreciative, I asked for further details.  If you think the above is rude, you need to stop being such a snowflake.

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

Hey asshole!!  Don't fuck about with the group headers!

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly
:
 more
d the
se

hem.
they know things they don't, but that seems a bit over the top!
and when someone replies he seems a bit less than appreciative.
appened to a response in kind?

he's a time wasting troll.

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

Not to mention being a complete NIMROD

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly
te:
's more
ird the
 use

 them.
k they know things they don't, but that seems a bit over the top!
n and when someone replies he seems a bit less than appreciative.
 happened to a response in kind?

Yeah I guess you are right about that.  What is he talking about my munging
 the "group headers"???  Is he being delusional?

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

He's being a troll.

NT

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

Because you deleted the crosspost.  The discussion is taking place between people in more than one group, and you deliberately cut half of those people out.

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

You fail to understand that many people here are on google groups and don't have the ability to post to multiple groups.  So that's on you.

--

  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

What the fuck are people doing using that web based shit?  I suppose you read your emails on a webpage too?  Get a newsreader, they're free!

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly
On 08/08/2020 21:26, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Why would anyone take the advice of someone who doesn't even know about
how digital transistor circuits use power?

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

Not everybody knows everything.

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

You can't tell somebody off because the news server they connect to
doesn't happen to carry all the newsgroups you posted to. Idiot.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 02:25:09 +0100, Brian Gregory

Many Usenet newsservers let you post to groups that they don't carry.

Apologies if that's not what you meant.

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

That was what I meant.
I have definitely had groups rejected when trying to reply in the past
but maybe they were unusual or non standard groups.

--
Brian Gregory (in England).

Re: Graphics card power usage anomaly

Of course I can, my newsserver carries every single group.  Get a decent one.

Or at least one that doesn't cry like a baby when you dare to use a group it doesn't approve of.

Site Timeline