Graphics card fans

This was my proposal at Z80 / AM9511/AM9512 times, just one node per square mm of DUT chip. I also tried to port Spice 2G6 to Interactive Unix on my 80286/287 Bullet board. What a fiasco.

64K segments conspiring with f2c as a Fortran compiler. Never could have worked.

But this computer had 2 MB and a 70 MB Fujitsu disk. That was pure hubris in the hands of a EE & CS student. Our VAX11 at the semiconductor institute had 2 300 MB Fujitsu Eagles for all people together. :-) And we made real chip designs on it.

Later I had a T800 transputer cluster, that would have mapped nicely to this problem. But I never could find a customer for any T800 solution I proposed. All went X86.

The only exception was smuggling a Parsytec cluster to east Berlin. But little Gerhard did not dare to. Few did I know. Some weeks later, all the sudden, was the German re-unification and nobody would have cared anymore about smuggling technology to an east-German railway company that went belly-up anyway. Sigh.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

How about Monte Carlo simulation ?

Reply to
upsidedown

It's a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, 1 board, 2 fans 1 chip with 2560 cores.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Then I guess you're lucky, because every card I've seen has all the fans connected to the same plug on the board. 0V, 12V, PWM go to all fans. TACH comes from only one.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey