Got sidetracked... newport electronics

I got side tracked, yet again, into looking at the TDA5051 from nxp, a powerline comms thingy

Anyway in one circuit they have a signal transformer by newport,

76250, but I cant find newport through the google.

Any ideas who they are now

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Try C&D Technologies. Most of Farnell's high fequency pulse transformers now seem to come from them.

It looks as if they might be the crew that took over Newport a few years ago, and stopped them selling their delay lines.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Thanks Bill

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

That is an isolation transformer to couple the 8.48mhz signal from the modem to the ac line. If you look at the date sheet you can also see it done with just capacitors instead. figure 18. the transformer is for safety.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn