Glucose Meter Pinout

Anybody have the Bayer "Ascentia Contour" PC-cable pinout? (diabetes meter) Cable is $16 US online, which seems to be a good deal. Only trouble is, I'm returning home tomorrow and Mom will never get it going in my absence. Apparently, there is no place to purchase one locally.

So the "plan" is to just make one. Looks to be a 3.5mm jack on the meter. I'm assuming 3-pin serial TXD, RXD and Ground (Common).

And of course, Mom's shiney-new HP Pavillion laptop only has USB, so I'll need a RS232 Adapter too.

Need ASAP if anyone has this. Thanks!!!

-mpm

Reply to
mpm