GaN

?articleID=190300189

We're prototyping some amps using GaN, and the parts are amazing.

This is also the first I've heard of AlN semiconductors. AlN has a phenomenal thermal conductivity, so device power:gain-bandwidth products could well exceed GaN.

John

?articleID=190300189

Oh, thanks!

Time to load up on the Roth IRA...

Is there a tax-deferred/tax-exempt Roth IRA equivalent out there in the Kiwi Islands? ;)

Reply to
mrdarrett

Hello Michael,

But watch the fundamentals. RFMD and TQNT have had a pretty stiff decline over the last years.

Great technology is no guarantee for business success. Infineon, for example, has a most excellent line of RF transistors but their method (or lack) of customer service is IMHO one reason why they don't do better. They sure could, with the right leadership.

Wow. Are you going to move there? For good or just to dodge the next winter season?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Ah. I wonder why...

At first glance, CREE seems more stable (low P/E, high trading volume, trading above $10/share). I certainly haven't done any homework other than that though.

Oh, I was just asking for John's sake. Maybe he'd want to invest.

Every summer out here I start to fantasize about any place that's cold. (I currently have a screen background set to a snow-covered St. Anton at Arlberg, Tirol, Austria.) Alaska, Canada, New Zealand come to mind... a co-worker from Germany (the same one who corrected my 'nicht frei') mentioned the French Alps have good skiing. Then she reminded me that we have perfectly cold coastal weather. Maybe I should take the family to Muir Woods and Stinson Beach again...

Take care,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Hello Michael,

Yes, they seem to be worth a look. But that would include digging out some of the grapevine and this'll take time.

Well, he resideth in San Francisco ;-)

It's Terry who lives in Kiwi Land.

In case you do plan that Europe trip make sure to investigate vacation schedules. It's quite regulated there. They stagger it so the traffic towards the south and back up doesn't clog too badly. Some areas in the north will fall almost dormant and empty while in the south (Austria and further) you can't even find a spot to sit down. Too crowded for my taste.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Wow, you're absolutely right! I thought it was John, from the "Whining" thread. Oops. ;)

Thanks for the warning.

I went skiing at Boreal towards the end of the season, just one week before they closed... and I went on a weekday. It was *lonely* out there! Maybe only 1/3 of the parking lot filled. I missed the camaraderie of the busy weekend - you were "forced" to share a lift, and chitchat with other skiiers on the way up.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

nah, we use different colloquialisms down under. I'd have called the thread "whingeing"

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Whenever this many players jump into a fad, there *will* be a washout. So who do you bet on to survive?

SF prediction for today: low 52, high 59.

John

Today's a relatively cool day - only predicting 87 here in Sac.

mrdarrett