FTL transmitter experiment

Proprietary transmitter, battery powered, with dipole shaped antennae transmits pulses at 4 GHz with

1nS duration and 10MHz repetition rate. There are two sensing antennas with 1m separation placed in far-field region at 10m away from transmitter. Output of antennas are fed into battery powered 40GHz oscilloscope. The delay observed is 0.3nS or 300pS which corresponds to 10X FTL speed.

Is this a proper way of demonstrating FTL EM wave propagation?

Mathew Orman

Reply to
news.onet.pl

On a sunny day (Sun, 27 Feb 2011 09:13:24 -0600) it happened "news.onet.pl" wrote in :

I (we) would like a lot more detail of your setup and cabling.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Cool. You are demonstrating that EM waves travel faster than EM waves.

You will need a lot of batteries.

John

The only cables are the ones that connect antennas to the scope and they are only 1m each. The antennas are spaced by 1m and the closer antenna is at 10m distance and feather one is at 11m from the transmitter. The transmitter has no cables at all. The radiating power is variable but limited to max of 2W.

Mathew Orman

Reply to
news.onet.pl

Just UPS power unit which has buttery that last 20 min with TEKTRONIX scope as the load. And transmitter is only 2W max power with pulsed operation and with NOKIA cell phone battery it lasts a week on single charge.

Mathew Orman

Reply to
news.onet.pl

I suggest you try measuring the delay with different antenna spacings. For example, try increasing the antenna separation in 5cm steps then plot a graph of delay against antenna separation to see how the delay changes with distance. That should help to cancel any systematic errors in the system.

Reply to
Gareth

On a sunny day (Sun, 27 Feb 2011 10:58:41 -0600) it happened "news.onet.pl" wrote in :

List of equipment, calibration reports, circuit diagrams, pictures of setup, drawing of setup, youtube video of experiment, where is it? Maybe you are measuring [a] reflection[s]?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I would think not. You need a much greater separation to relax the timing measurements

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I will publish the details so every one can reproduce the setup and do the experiment with ones own variants or modifications.

Mathew Orman

Reply to
news.onet.pl

ion

First, you have chosen the wrong null hypothesis. Instead of demonstrating FTL EM wave propagation, let's see you confirm the generally accepted value. Then you'll get some confidence that your setup works as 99.999% of the scientific establishment would expect. Then you can branch out to FTL, where the first question you should answer is, "What's so special that the generally accepted laws of physics don't apply here?".

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

The transmitter has a switch for selecting normal propagation or FTL. When the switch is in normal position the delay between signals observed on the scope is 3nS corresponding to 1m separation. Buttery operation is implemented only to eliminates any claims of signals going trough power cables and have no effect on observed waveforms. To eliminate group velocity claim the pulse duration was set at 1nS which correspond to 33cm length and 1m antenna separation which leaves 66cm gap or 2ns on the scope. Antennas are mounted on a bar with center shaft which allow rotation in order to change orientation relative to transmitter. If rotated into parallel orientation (equal distance to transmitter) the delay becomes null in both normal and FTL cases. Another variant of the proprietary antenna can produce propagation speeds

10x slower than light. I will make a video of the experiment and publish it on youtube.

Mathew Orman

Reply to
news.onet.pl

Why use batteries?

Why use two receive antennas? Just move one and note the time change vs distance.

What do you plan to wear for your Nobel Award ceremony?

I've done about what you suggest: a fast impulse into a foam-horn antenna, and a wideband spiral receive antenna into a 20 GHz oscilloscope. This was for testing bits of a ground-penetrating radar system. The prop speed sure seemed close to c.

John

What was your transmit pulse rate?

John

Yes, I could use one antenna but then the second probe from the scope would need to connected to transmitter directly to measure the time of flight. Another way using single antenna would be to transmit two pulses simultaneously, one normal and one with FTL speed. This way the scope would not need to trigger on second channel and could be placed at arbitrary distance in far field. Batteries simple eliminate any secondary paths and power line interference if there is any.

I will make a video and publish it on YouTube.

Mathew Orman

Reply to
news.onet.pl
10MHz but I could do a single shot with better scope.

Mathew Orman

Reply to
news.onet.pl

Now you're finally getting close to saying something. What is different about the FTL transmitter as compared with the "normal" transmitter?

I see, in the OP it's "Proprietary".

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Trying your scam again? Your name sounded familiar:

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Can't wait.

John

He has apparently gone from FTL transmission lines to FTL free-spece impulse thingies.

John

Just the antenna structure is different. In order to generate FTL electromagnetic wave the antennae must generate prime field moving with FTL speed.

Mathew Orman

Reply to
news.onet.pl