FTL Data Transmission Line version 2006...

You should have waited till April first. This is a VERY public record.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Spice. It can show you a rose garden and then on the breadboard it's all weeds.

BTW what was the sim s/w?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

What is "sim s/w"?

mathew

Reply to
Mathew Orman

Believe it or not, I saw one on ebay a few months back.

Other than that maybe just keep an eye on the pro-audio rags.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Pooh Bear" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

times

week.

I see some appear from time to time on ebay. There's currently a pretty complete one. Look item 7579809426.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I purchased a Cirrus Logic CS5381 eval board from the rep. This can do 196kHz 24-bit A/D conversion, or 96kHz more likely, into a Creative optical s/p-dif port mounted in my PC. Why can't this be the input stage for a half-decent audio analyzer? :-)

No, let's do go there!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

That is exactly Orman's claim: if a transmission line is unterminated, its prop velocity exceeds c.

John

Think I'll power up Photoshop and just make some AP logo'd graphpaper, and paste stuff from RMAA ! My original Lindos LA1 doesnt really cut it these days

I'm just about to "do" an audio widgit, I found a niche market,that Behringer hasnt spotted. Proto PCB's are ready for Olimexing, and I scribblled some bit twiddling stuff in 8051 C over the weekend.

It'll be interesting to see if my split groundplane works, ( but lets not go there)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hmm, needs an ISA slot PC,

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

In article , Dirk Bruere at Neopax wrote: [....]

The library at Alexandria had a scroll titled "Obtaining very high speeds buy the production of magnetic waves". Unfortunately the text was lost in a fire.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Hello Mathew, A great year to you too. A million times c is an improvement over the last version. When could we expect an FTL that is independent on amplitude and wave form ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

In article , martin griffith wrote: [...]

ebay or

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

On a sunny day (Sun, 8 Jan 2006 23:27:54 +0100) it happened "Mathew Orman" wrote in :

Now that will be a disappointment!

;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sun, 08 Jan 2006 23:00:02 GMT) it happened Sam Wormley wrote in :

You write crap Mr Worm

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

times

This afternoon I've received a gain/phase meter and was checking it. I had 1.4 degree @10MHz in a 2 meters RG58 cable.

If I calculate 1.4d/360d/10^7/2 that's 190ps/m or 17 times faster than light. Not bad, considering that I too had a +3 dB gain. Not only it travels FTL, but my 2 meters RG58 also has over unity efficiency. Who say better?

Unfortunatly, when terminating the coax on its caracteristic impedance, phase shift rises to 38d (5.3ns/m) and my power gain falls down to slightly less than 0dB.

:-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

This design is independent of amplitude and wave form. The transmission line is design using only passive components with linear characteristics for the given range of input signals.

Sincerely,

Mathew Orman

Reply to
Mathew Orman

Yeah, I remember that one! One great big huge magnet, repelling a smaller magnet, but then you strap the carriage to the small magnet, so that when the big magnet repels it, it drags the carriage along, much like the donkey and the carrot at the end of the stick. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

"Simulat[or|ion] Software".

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"John Larkin" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

slightly

Which of course has nothing to do with physics, but all with misinterpretation.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Better yet, terminate the line with a -50 Ohm resistor and you get a positive trending phase shift and a flat amplitude responce. I think I'm going to make one and feed in todays price for various stocks.