Fritzing ??

any

ematic

I build a cnc router from assorted ebay finds, eagle can directly generate isolation milling and drilling gcode, works ok for simple stuff

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Elektuur / Elector / Elektor?

--

-TV
Reply to

I had an even cheaper, simpler, and cheesier method: Poke holes in grey cardboard (from shirts, cereal boxes, etc). Insert components on top surface, bend leads and daisy-chain as needed to make connections. You could even draw out the layout ahead of time on the cardboard.

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v9.20 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI FREE 8-channel Signal Generator, DaqMusiq generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

30 years ago, when I was at Ginzton Lab, we had a couple of engineers who would build circuits for folks. They used a very similar method except with large paper stickers glued to thin balsa wood, and scribbled the layout on top in pen. You could just stick DIPs straight through it. They used copper tape a lot for ground integrity.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I did one with parts soldered to staples in grey card this was using recovered through-hole parts so the leads were too short to daisy-chain them, the solder and the staples were new, the rest was all recovered. it wasn't anything particlarly ambitious, just an LED blinker.

Jasen Betts