Frigidaire refrigerator temperature control ?

Hello,

I have and old white frigidaire refrigerator... got it from my family... it zooms/makes lot's of noise.

I have a question about the temperature control... it goes from 0 to 5.

This could be 0 to 5 degree's celcius...

This could be 0 the coldest and 5 the warmest.

This could be 0 lowest settings thus the warmest and 5 the highest setting thus the coldest.

From just these numbers different logical reasons can be done.

I just set it to 1 to see if it will go "off"... so far it doesn't seem to do that..

The 0 setting is a bit hard to put into place... in the past I did see it react when I changed control... maybe the temperature control is dead or something... but for now I don't think so...

The fridge is currently almost empty... not a lot of stuff in it... some ice in the ice section...

I tried finding a manual on their site... but it requires a model number... I don't know a model number, there is no model number on the front ?

I don't wanna pull out the entire fridge just to find a model number it has a gas thing on top of it ;)

Contacting them via e-mail requires a model number as well... so that ain't helping.

I have seen others mention about unrelated fridge that 0 is probably lowest/warmest setting and 6 is highest/coldest setting...

This could even be different per fridge manufacturer.

What your thoughts on all of this ?

Anybody have a "frigidaire" fridge + manual + temperature dial/round control with numbers ?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying