FREE: Private Consultations

We've had no problem with RECOM DC-DC converters and

Reply to
Tim Williams

Sure, Paul! Sounds interesting! E-mail the details and NDA if you need, and I'll take a peek. ...Jim Thompson

OK, I'll get something together. I can send you the project overview as = well=20 as the schematics and PCB files as they stand now, but the SCR board is = a=20 sub-component that will also be used elsewhere, and I don't have it=20 separately documented at this time. But of course I'm not asking you to=20 design the entire project, but only one (or two) parts of it which = differ=20 from the original design.

I use PADS2004sp2. Can you use those files? You can download the PADS = design=20 suite which runs in demo mode and will allow you to view the files but = not=20 save any edits you may do. The latest version is 9.x last time I = checked. I=20 have 9.1 but I like the older 2004 version for my purposes. For one = thing,=20 my customer has that version, so we can share files. And the PADS2004=20 schematic program is not dongle-protected.

In particular, I am concerned about the zero crossing detector, when it = will=20 be connected across the SCRs on 480VAC mains. There is the safety = hazards=20 aspect which can be somewhat mitigated with proper board layout and = spacing,=20 but I also want to consider using PCB fuses or fusible resistors. In = fact,=20 I'll start a new thread on that topic, but I'll send you enough = information=20 for you to get started. If things work out, I might want to use your=20 services for an overall design review and opinions on other projects.

I think I can trust you without a formal NDA. This is a niche = application=20 and not the next cosmic-ray-powered GPS cell phone that everyone will = want=20 :)

Thanks,

Paul

P E Schoen

Are the schematics in PADS format? The schematics are all I care about. I hand off all my board work to a buddy who specializes in that :-) ...Jim Thompson

Yes, I use PADS2004 for both. I can also print them to PDF if you = prefer,=20 but with the PADS files you could do whatever editing you may need to = do.

For something like an SCR trigger board for 480 VAC mains, PCB layout is =

critical for spacing and safety.

Paul=20

Reply to
P E Schoen

starting

the

into

my

failing PC

increased

personally

PCI bus

Probably not on lemon limelight, night train, or MD 20/20 either.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

personally

bus

The dog wasn't mad before it started drinking 20/20!

Michael A. Terrell

Good ole "fight-yo-mama"...

Reply to
Chiron