fractal veggies

(If the alt.binaries.pictures.fractals people have seen this a jillion times, sorry.)

I saw this this morning in our little market, the Good Life Grocery. The produce guy told me it is romanesco broccoli, and the manager said it was cauliflower. Broccoli and cauliflower have been known to fraternize.

The non-fractal objects are Arkansas Black apples.

John

Brocci-Roman-serpinski-flower... :-]

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

That looks neat, I ordered seeds. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
amdx

Fractals are cool. If that stuff was around back in Serpinski's day... I would think that is where he got his visions from.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I sliced it horizontally, into flower-looking disks, and steamed them. Really tasty, cross between b and c, but delicate and a little sweet. There's some left, so next time maybe I'll fry the slices in olive oil or butter.

John

I like broccolini- cross between Broccoli and Chinese Gailan (aka Chinese kale, Kai-lan etc.).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

We get a thing here called brocoflower, which looks just like caluliflower but is light green.

Gosh, broccoli will mate with anything! Sort of like the Irish.

John

I guess you were the result of a lark. :-]

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored