for help me???????

i want make the LED matrix 10*20 .what is the micro-controller NO i use?

Reply to
Tech-electro

The forhelpless dud-640 of course!

Reply to
WoolyBully

Learn something new everyday.

Reply to
hamilton

200 LED's you're either going to need an LED driver or learn about CharliePlexing.

You can push Charlieplexing only so far though---it runs into duty cycle problems pretty fast.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Name an LED driver (single) that can handle 200 LEDs.

Reply to
hamilton

Diamond Vision?

Reply to
krw

LOL, I ment a single chip that can handle 200 LEDs !

While were at it, whats the largest single LED driver chip currently available ?

How many of those chips would it take to get to 200 LEDs ?

Reply to
hamilton

rote:

use?

TLC5920 does 8x16

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

You'd have to chain the LED drivers.

in DIP ICM7218A 8x8 matrix (intersil/maxim)

I think ti did a 8x16 matrix chip but I can't find it

4 (or 2 of the 8x16)
--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

A 40-output sink driver (I forget the part number, sorry) and a UDN28xx source driver or a few P-channel FETs will do 200 LEDs at 20% duty cycle.

Which microcontroller is an orthogonal question- just about any one will have a couple dozen bytes of memory to spare and will be able to generate the multiplex signal.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Wow, 48-pin package and you would need at least two chips.

Seems like an SPI device with 16 open collector and another SPI device with high side drivers would be a better solution.

16x16 would be 256 LEDs.

Any suggestions like this ?

Reply to
hamilton