Flir for the consumer

Dang, I don't have a dog! But a cheap Russian night-vision thing would be better for peeping critters at night.

I wonder if it could be modified to focus close, for electronics.

lunatic fringe electronics

There seem to be a lot of thermal imager add-on lenses around, germanium and cheaper plastic fresnel. Looks like you could put together a decent electronics imager for well under $1K.

lunatic fringe electronics

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 07:05:11 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Their main,. low-end handheld is better than that, and cheaper, AND gives calibrated temp readings and has storage.

The price point on that POS is lame, but I am sure they are taking advantage of the lower IQ of the hunting crowd and those who want to watch their dog poop at night crowd.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I talked to a FLIR rep this week and he insists that I'd have to pay $5K for something that would focus close, for electronics.

I knwe you wouldn't miss a poop reference.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'll bet you are a lot of fun at a party :-\ Mikek

Reply to
amdx

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 15:01:25 -0500, amdx Gave us:

snip

My device reads your skull cavity temperature as way below normal as well.

Arsenio Hall used to have an expression for that.