Fave PCBA vendors?

Hi, All,

Need to get several hundred boards assembled onshore. (This is a humongo job by our standards.) PCBway has already delivered the bare boards, so we just need the assembly done. Our previous New Jersey PCB/A vendor has gone downhill lately, so we need a new, good one.

We've used Pentalogix for bare boards with good success, but we haven't used them for assembly.

Any faves?

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Check out EMS in Rochester. We have good results with them.

Martin Riddle

I've had pcb's stuffed in Rochester too. I haven't had any problems, but then again, I'm not very demanding.

I'd have to look up names... upstate may be cheaper, and close enough.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Some of the guys at work like these guys: . They're in Aurora CO and have some unique assembly tricks. They will make a couple of samples for you and use their PnP machines to pick parts for a small production run at the same time, placing them on an interim carrier. They can then finish the order without loading all the reels back on the machines. It saves them a lot of setup time and you can test a couple of samples before you have the rest built.

I prefer a company that's local (to me) but it's just a preference.

Either one can get boards made, as well.

Reply to
krw

TCS electronics is one place we've used.

GH

Reply to
George Herold

I'm currently working with EIT in Leesburg, VA. I haven't gotten a first b atch of boards back yet, but will shortly. They seem very professional and I am not expecting any problems. I'll let you know how they do in a week or two.

I dropped an assembly house in Shippensburg, PA I had worked with for 10 ye ars. They got a new guy in to run operations and he has no instinct for de aling with customers. The guy in charge is still great, but can't make up for a total lack of commitment by production.

I tried a smaller outfit in Hagerstown, MD but they were a bit too loose wi th schedule, setting me back a week after they got the order, then another day lost by assembly issues that I never got an explanation for. I may ret urn to them at some point, but only with significant oversight.

All of these places can handle orders of hundreds of boards. In fact anyth ing smaller and the setup charges drive up the unit price.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

teal

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I've used them before; their quality is good but their response can be iffy. Earlier this year I requested a two week turn, they took four weeks absolutely no explanation given.

I haven't used Pentalogix but I they may be better.

For low cost, consider

, which is fun because the owner sometimes shows up on IRC. Although it's been a while since I've seen him. Active on Twitter and such, AFAIK.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

We also use EPEC tec. Which was beaverbrook circuits back in the

90's.

Martin Riddle