Fading Lights Unit

I need to build, or have built, a little unit that controls the rate of fading up & down for lights (or any other 120VAC). It would be triggered by some sort of input switch- doesn't matter- physical switch, light sensor, sound, etc. So, in esscence, you would set the fade in rate, the fade out rate, the max brightness level, and plug in a light. Then- when it is triggered on, it fades the light in at the rate you dialed in, to the max brightness level. When the switch is triggered off, it fades the light back out at the preset rate. Output would be some sort of 120VAC capable of handling, oh, 300-500 watts or so.

I know very little about electronics- definitely not enough to build one of these myself. How difficult would this be? And, who/where would I go to have it designed/built for me?

Thanks!

Reply to
azspecter

I'll like to try a project like this. When you say "rate you dialed in" you mean its rate of fading on/off is going going to be programmable or just a single rate?

Reply to
rush3k

Yeah- so- there would be a dial that I can turn up or down to adjust how long it takes for a light to fade in/out. So, say

Reply to
azspecter

No, it doesn't. First you say you want it to fade in and out both at the same rate, then you want two rates, then you want a third dial for on-time, and then you say you want to control it with a color organ?

Nope, no sense at all.

Sorry, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise