eye chart

The alarm on the Midland has gone off senveral times, during severe storm and tornado warnings here. The alarm is loud enough to wake me, and is followed by the NWS anmnouncments. It has an AC adapter, and battery backup. Take a look at this radio:

You can find it for a lot less in some retail stores.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to

Why do they make those things so damned ugly?!

Not worried about the price. My CCRadio has weather bands but they piss me off when they go off all night and I can't shut it off. It was a nice radio (until the LCD went out) but the human factors was taken from a '70s VCR.

Reply to
krw

It doesn't bother me. It is on a shelf above the computer monitor, and I rarely notice it. Id did take a little getting used to the alarm, though. :)

Download the user guide and see how simple this one is. My dad bought one from Radio shack tat took a dozen attempts to program, before it actually stored the entries. Even then, you couldn't turn off the backlight without starting from scratch.

Mine went off a few hours ago. We are under severe storm warnings till 2:00 AM.

Michael A. Terrell

I'd want it in the bedroom. I don't need the thing when I'm awake.

Yep.

That line went around us yesterday. I believe Huntsville got some pretty bad T-storms.

Reply to
krw

Maybe I should issue a two day warning? Your present storm rained on us last Saturday, significant enough to guarantee bad back East.

It's overcast here right now... watch out in a few days.

...Jim Thompson