ESD 8000V .........fail.

Hi All, I have another problem on ESD, our system will stop work after the ESD 8KV test, the ESD 8KV input is very close to our SDRAM chip, I am afraid that will be a SDRAM fail problem.

and after the ESD 8KV attack, I can't get the memory card content again... I have remove card and insert again.. ( of course, I know, I have to check firmware that about card detection part first )

It seems to be very hard to know which part is fail after the ESD attack...

What I can do is change the bead before signal input/refresh to SDRAM.

Is that possible a CPU fail problem? I remember every chip has good ESD protection on ESD PAD by CMOS layout, but it seems that only protect the chip, it can't guarantee the voltage can't be changed by ESD attack or not, right?

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

You've been subjecting your gear for CE or CCC or similar conformity testing to an IEC test norm ?

Equipment has to be designed from the outset to withstand EMC issues including ESD tests.

Without a *very* detailed description of the equipment and its construction almost any comment will be pure speculation.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear