Equivalent mechanical system for a simple filter

Just curious, but what are the model equivalences?

Reply to
JosephKK

for simulating quite complex heat transfer

It's probably a behavioral-model-based system simulator. I regularly write my own behavioral models to substitute for complex slow-simulating device-level stuff.

I do that in PSpice. LTspice is similar enough that I would guess you can do it there as well.

NL5 is a "Cirucit" simulator, which probably makes it faster ;-)

Question for NL5 author: Are your models text-based?

...Jim Thompson

The unanswered question is really how to simulate the series inductor, in a pi CLC circuit, as its mechanical counterpart.

Chris

Reply to
christofire

Part of the point that i was trying to make is that the springs should go to reference (like the caps), not series. Doing so leaves no reasonable connection for mass (mass is not a two terminal kind of thing, unlike an inductor).

Reply to
JosephKK

Electricity-to-heat analogy?

Capacitor =3D heat capacity Resistor =3D thermal resistance (1 / "thermal conductance") Current =3D heat flow Voltage =3D temperature

Thanks, Alexei.

Reply to
Alexei Smirnov

It is still fast even as "Circuit"... already fixed :)

It's normal graphical schematic entry. Usiing common ad terms: "interactive, easy to use, highly intuitive, .." etc.

Thakns, Alexei.

Reply to
Alexei Smirnov

Inductor =3D ?????? ;-)

Reply to
krw

You've already answered: ;-) No inductors, no diodes, no transformers... Heat is so simple! Not talking about convection though...

Reply to
Alexei Smirnov

And what models to inductance?

Reply to
JosephKK

Then it is too simple to do the modeling that is needed.

Reply to
JosephKK

"Thermal mass"?

Hope This Helps! Rich