Enclustra business model

The schematics of their Zynq modules is not publicly available and they have just refused to send me a copy because it is only available to get them after the purchase. How could I know if I want to purachase their modules at all if there is no way to check how is the RTC connected to the FPGA chip or how many analog inputs are available?

What happened to those guys?

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

I think they've told you all you need to make that decision. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes, unfortunately all I can do is to warn you not to waste your time talking to them. I haven't seen this Soviet Union-style "sovershenno sekretno" attitude for years and yes, I must admit I am shocked.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Have you tried asking them the questions you actually need answers to? They seemed quite reasonable in answering the questions we asked.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

If it were a criminal prosecution there would need to be reasonable suspicion to be able to get a warrant to examine documents. But fishing expeditions are not out of line when examining a product to incorporate into your product. How do you know all the questions to ask until you have more info to start from?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Vote with your $$$. Trenz and ZTex are two good vendors for fully-documented FPGA modules. I've only used the latter, but have been very satisfied with them.

-- john, KE5FX

Reply to
John Miles, KE5FX

Gladly, but it turns out that if vertical mounting requirement is vital, Enclustra is the only game in town. :-/ There is another SODIMM module from Knowres, but it has nothing except of the Zynq (Mars has on-board Ethernet and USB PHYs).

I like the Trenz modules very much, but they are all horizontal.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

make a riser?