EMI filter caps now ceramic?

I am looking at an EMI filter and I notice the capacitors are all multilayer ceramic devices. I know in the past I have seen ceramic caps (Ceramite) and also a lot of film (Polyester, Polyproplyne...) parts. Is the new norm for filter design now surface mount multi- layer ceramics.

Happy Holidays Bob N9NEO

Reply to
Yzordderrex

A lot of film caps seem to be going away. NPO ceramics are at least as good. And maybe better. (I've not looked closely) It'd be nice if they had some larger values.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Actually MLC caps for EMI filter use have been around for 40 years. Started out as a military technology (in connectors and feed thrus), then industrial and commercial not really making it into consumer stuff until the surface mount craze about 30+ years back.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk