Electrostatic field

Hi, As you know there is an electrical field around each electrostatic charge. I know how to create an electrostatic field. But I have problem by creating a "variable electrostatic field". Can you give me a guide?

Thanks in Advance

Reply to
mohammad.esmaeili

Vary the voltage of what's generating the field

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Use AC (alternating current) if you want a varying electmagnetic field.

Use DC (direct current) if don't want it to vary.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

"Variable" and "static" are mutually exclusive, or a bit more accurately, "varying" and "static" are mutually exclusive. You can change an electrostatic field by changing the distribution of charges which creates the field, and also by changing the dielectric (e.g., by replacing some portion of the dielectric with a dielectric with a different permittivity) which contains the field, but when the field is changing, it is no longer static.

Consider, if you will, two flat metal plates, parellel to one another, and separated by a short distance, with air (or a vacuum) between the plates. Remove charge from one plate and put it on the other. You now have a charged capacitor, with an electrostatic field which is most intense, and reasonably uniform, between the plates. Now pull the plates further apart, or allow them to come closer together. By moving the charged plates, you will change the field between the plates (and the field in the surrounding area). The charges will also redistribute themselves on the plates at the same time. But the motion of the plates and the charges on the plates represent currents, which create magnetic fields, so during the time that the charges are moving, the fields are not only electric, but magnetic as well.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns