with

running

really

what

CPLD,

micro

there's

most

Actually it can be quite simple: The incoming stream goes into a tiny buffer (about 3 samples), the per sample mapping is looked up from EPROM, the output value is sent to the next thing.

The 22V10 is there control that process.

Yeah, i know that is unclear. But many other topics like state machines get involved quickly and i think trying to discuss them here may distract / bore others here. My real email is in the headers, Robert Baer and a few others have it as well.

Reply to
JosephKK

all the

you

assembler

it's

methods,

-sin(x+pi), and

I was figuring on just storing the amplitude conversion data in EPROM. As in a simple state machine.

Implementing the serious math in an FPGA can be faster but seriously more difficult (expensive, i could have to go outside for that).

Reply to
JosephKK

Hi Fred,

I designed and built a DSP board using the Wavefront AL3102 (48 MIPS), the WM8731 CODEC (24 bits/sample, 48 kHz) and an Atmel microcontroller (DSP program loading/storage and control) that will be selling for around $50. It comes in a

20 pin 600 mil DIP package (small!) and consumes 48 mA at 3.6 to 24 volts. It has stereo input/output, 5 low speed ADC inputs (i.e. for pots), 3 digital outputs (i.e. for LED's), and analog and digital 3.3 volt supplies to support external circuitry. It's easy to program and can be loaded (EEPROM) using a serial interface. I have been updating some postings on this at this forum:

If anyone is interested, has questions or comments/suggestions I'd love to hear about them!

Best Regards, Mark Seel Next Audio, Inc snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

markseel