driver for FUJI 1MBI300N-120 igbt

I'm looking for commercial already made driver for FUJI 1MBI300N-120. Does someone know where to buy it ?

Nescafe

Reply to
nescafe

I've had good luck with these:

http://www.micrel.com/index.php/en/products/power-management-ics/mosfet-drivers/low-side/article/38-mic4452.html
Reply to
John Fields

I say they have the input supply diode on the wrong side of the input resistor. Input swinging too much above supply, and *poof* ...

Reply to
Robert Baer

http://www.micrel.com/index.php/en/corporate/contact-us/corporateoffices.html
Reply to
John Fields

So???

Reply to
Robert Baer

A variety of locations where you can lodge your complaint?
Reply to
John Fields

I do not use IGBTs, or their drivers so i could care less. The complaint is,why are ICs designed wrong when there is an obvious error (or more in some cases). This is not the only company that has produced not-so-good stuff.

Reply to
Robert Baer

If you look at page 2 of the data sheet, you'll see that the limits
for the input voltage are from VS + 0.3V to GND - 5V, so if the input
is capable of going higher or lower than that, it behooves the
designer to provide external clamping.

As far as how the anode of the diode to the positive rail is connected
to the input, that's pretty much universal for logic inputs, so if
that's an error everybody else is wrong too.
Reply to
John Fields

That series of IGBTs (1200 volts, 300 amps),have input capacitance of 20 or 30 nanofarads. To get them to switch quickly, they need several amps peak gate current. Most designs I know of use discrete complementary drivers, from positive and negative rails of about 30 volts, usually driven from HP/Agilent, etc. complementary output optocouplers, as they usually are used in a H-Bridge configuration.

It's all won and lost in how fast you can get the charge into and out of the gate capacitance.

Look for Fuji application manual REH984 on the 'net.

They make a lovely bang when you get it wrong. Joerg would be proud :-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse