Dormant Diseases Frozen In the Ice Are Waking Up

It's getting hotter, and dormant diseases frozen in the ice are waking up.

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

I guess that would only affect people living in cold climates, near the ice >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

The Fever Monument - Poem by Richard Brautigan

I walked across the park to the fever monument. It was in the center of a glass square surrounded by red flowers and fountains. The monument was in the shape of a sea horse and the plaque read We got hot and died.

--

Rick C
Reply to

I was looking for a copy of this poem on the web so I could get the words right and found this page.

After copying the words to the above post, I clicked the link on the video only to hear a robot voice reading the poetry. Talk about irony...

So of course it led me to this one...

Rick C
Reply to
rickman

Anthrax remains in the soil as viable spores whether frozen or not.

Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Layman

Glaciers and avalanches and temperture changes have been uncovering frozen stuff for a long time now. 20K years ago most of the US was under miles of ice.

lunatic fringe electronics

up.

The interesting thing was that a lot of that ice slid off into the North At lantic in large lumps. For the last ten thousand years we've had a more or less stable interglacial environment, and now a bunch of greedy industriali sts are busy kicking us into a new climate regime, by digging up a substant ial proportion of the fossil carbon buried over the last few hundred millio n years and burning it as fuel.

Comparing the climate change at the end of the last ice with the climate ch ange we've got going on right now is a bit of an exaggeration (though it ma y turn out to be the right way of looking at it). Ignoring the ten thousand

-odd years of stability in between isn't.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

How could that possibly be when God created the Earth just 6,000 years ago!

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The biggest danger is the shifting around of some really bad stuff into the temperate zones, like this thing, spread to humans on undercooked food items from affected areas

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

God years vs. man years. I don't recall the correction factor, but it requires scientific notation on my calculator.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Nah, it was January 1, -4000 .

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

ng up.

ing

ago!

I don't think scientific has anything to do with that calculation ;)

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Bumper sticker:

DOG IS MY CO-PILOT