Disrupting camera operations

IIRC that only worked on film stock

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

I later had some kind of strobe, power unit about the same size as a small laptop, vibrator driven inversion from batteries, IIRC around

100W-sec?

...Jim Thompson

                          Common Values
                          Common Purpose
                         Common Buzzwords
                         Common Ignorance

The one in part 15 that prohibits interfering with electronic equipment.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Nothing in the above post limits the method to RF or EMP. Much of this thread has been about optical methods, which I suspect to be how the lightning bolt interfered with the camera on MythBusters.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

I don't think that part 15 prohibits an infrared source that interferes with an autofocusing camera.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

It is absolutely feasible!

Marc Popek

Reply to
LVMarc

Most modern electronics are remarkably resistant against electromagnetic disturbances (EMC requirements) I once tried to silence a diskman by holding the antenna of a 5 Watt VHF radio onto it, no effect whatsoever.

If you use sufficient power, you may upset one of the paparazzies pacemakers or fry their expensive electronics.

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

I once found out the hard way that running 5A through the metal tab directly under a chip does wild things ;-)

...Jim Thompson