Diode -- pick and place

AND -- on top of everything else, it ejected my CSV pick and place file......

Name,Value,Layer,Pos-X,Pos-Y,Rot,Package R1,1000,Top,521.80mil,787.50mil,90,0805 R2,1000,Top,521.80mil,881.25mil,90,0805

and it shows it's csv

Reply to
mkr5000

that's rejected.

Reply to
mkr5000

mkr5000 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Order two 30 pc sets. Or a twenty and a thirty. Problem solved and you get ten to futz with characterizations and refinements.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Ok. Well that leaves my csv file which doesn't pass for some reason. It's definitely a csv file and as shown above. Their sample file shows DESIGNATOR -- X -- Y -- LAYER -- ROTATION

Does it have to be in that order? Mine also shows part value.

Reply to
mkr5000

probably the letters in the numerical columns

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Jasen, I don't follow. ?

Reply to
mkr5000

How should each column be formatted? I'm not clear on that.

Reply to
mkr5000

Try "521.80" instead of "521.80mil"

Reply to
Jasen Betts

mkr5000 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Many PCB fab houses only need the PCB layout itself and they will panelize it for you.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

mkr5000 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:d9158959-84da-4909-b47b- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Put it in a spreadsheet and then output a CSV from that and examine the formatting and structure and proofread it for errors. Leading spaces and trailing spaces in a "field" or "cell" can cause problems. Sometimes with the output filter itself.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Lol. You give up too quickly. There are third party sites that let you search. I don't recall the urls, but you can use Google to find them. That's what I do. With the third party sites it works well, not Digikey well, but well.

Reply to
Rick C

I have not seen a + sign on the Cathode

JLCPCB uses + for Anode and - for cathode

Klaus Kragelund

That's been standard since selenium rectifiers at least. We use a bar or a dot on the cathode, like the parts do.

Looks like many opportunities for confusion.

I guess that want to shoot parts off their feeders without reviewing each design. Make the users adapt.

We do our own pick-and-place and somehow never get parts rotated wrong. I don't know how we manage that; I'll check. I know that optical inspection is a crosscheck, and we have polarity indications on the silk to help that.

Reply to
jlarkin

I've got it under control now. I know you're right about mm -- etc. This particular process was excruciating for a first timer. And now I know what no one has put in writing --

(1) Decide on your parts FIRST and get accurate part #'s for BOM and try to use "basic" parts. (I used a lot of popular digi key part numbers and none of them were available). LCSC? Who knew? Learning about that is too far "down the road". (2) Use mm (and say it after x and y) for the CPL file and format each column as text (nothing out there that really says "how" to write a cpl file in detail). (3) then go through their ordering process which could use a touch of user friendly refinement. (4) done

Seems after I do anything in figuring out a process, I want to do a 2 minute youtube about "here's what you really need to know".

My major problem was my Sprint software doesn't spit out a good to go CPL file.

Reply to
mkr5000