Diode and Transistor

I think maybe a lot of diodes are just diced off a featureless diffused wafer, so that have nasty exposed cleaved edges.

John

Another case is when you want a diode that actually obeys the "diode equation". Ordinary diodes have forward current that goes roughly as exp(Vf/alpha), where alpha is 35 to 60 mV at room temperature and varies from device to device, whereas a diode-connected transistor (C shorted to B) really has an alpha of kT/e, as Ebers & Moll would predict.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I know what happens. I need to disconnect the Earth of the computer. But it is a little bit dangerous.

Reply to
eeh

Yes...the planet *is* a bit hard to move without getting crushed...

Reply to
Robert Baer