Differential data transceivers

RS232 industry standard would possibly be a MAX232 or similar.

I want something that's the differential equivalent as the environment is very noisy. It's totally proprietory and doesn't need to interface to anyone else's kit.

A google finds plenty that will do the job but has anyone got any favourites?

--
Gibbo

In accordance with our company policy of minimum environmental impact
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Gibbo

try rs422,423 differential line drivers/receivers.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

3.3V or 5V? Point-to-point or multidrop? Full or half duplex? Data rate?

I've used DS34C86/87 or DS34LV86/87 combination successfully for a long time- that's 4 RX or 4 Tx in a 16 pin SMDIP.

Offhand I can't think of a transmitter/ receiver pair that will do full duplex in a single package.

One thing to watch out for is that RS485/423 devices tend to be a lot thirstier than RS232.

JS

Reply to
Paul Burke

Don't mind. Got both available. And 9V. Point to point. Full duplex. max of 28,800.

Thanks. I shall look them up.

That would be handier but I can live without it.

Yes it's something I'm going to have to live with.

Thanks.

--
Gibbo

In accordance with our company policy of minimum environmental impact
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Gibbo

I've never had any reported failures with the MAX485's. Designer friendly DIL, cheap and available from Farnells.

Reply to
john jardine

RS-485 Balanced twisted pairs.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie

which is why many of the converters ( I have a whole box of used ones) have their own supplies.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jamie

Cheers. The MAX488 (full duplex) looks perfect.