Different between ceramic capacitor and Multilayer ceramic capacitor

I have question regarding multilayer ceramic capacitor (MCC).

1: What is the significant different between MCC and ceramic capacitor(CC)? 2: Can I substitude MCC with CC for most cases? 3: Where can I read more infomation about MCC online? I tried to search through google but most of the results link to supplier.

Thanks for your advice.

Reply to
jack1981

Go to main capacitor manufacturer web sites such as

and
and probe around for their technical article pages. Both sites have bundles if articles about various aspects of MLCC and other capacitor types. (At Kemet they refer to their info site as the KnowledgeEdge).

- mkaras

Reply to
mkaras